The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple customer projects and relationships, and acting as a trusted advisor. The Project Manager is the primary point of contact and liaison between internal IBS personnel and the customer, and enables the project team to deliver a solution that meets the customer’s needs at the required ROI.
NOTE: This position is not static and will be revised as the needs of IBS business and the Professional Services department evolves.
Essential Responsibilities / Duties
The responsibilities of Project Manager are described below.
- Deliver projects.
- Build and execute plans that deliver expected ROI.
- Guide customer in risk management and mitigation for entire implementation plan.
- Understand the customer’s business, goals and philosophy. Quantify goals and develop metrics upon which project success can be measured.
- Act as primary contact for day-to-day management of the implementation.
- Follow and endorse the IBS Implementation Methodology and Approach.
- Provide all project management services for the implementation.
- Project Planning.
- Manage scope and change control.
- Resource Planning & Management.
- Acquire necessary resources to meet schedule.
- Acquire necessary project team skill sets.
- Secure support needed from other IBS departments.
- Project Financial Control.
- Manage to budgeted estimates.
- Manage payment of receivables.
- Ensure invoicing per project requirements.
- Document scope changes and obtain financial approval.
- Business Consulting.
- Provide guidance for customer-owned tasks.
- Provide ongoing project planning, assist in business development.
- Evaluate IBS product offerings for solution fit
- Provide operational knowledge of supply chain concepts and general logistics knowledge.
- Provide long-term guidance for support and upgrades.
- Manage Communication & Expectations
- Provide timely status reports.
- Coordinate regular internal and external project review meetings.
- Coordinate quarterly ROI reviews.
- Provide management & leadership to all members of the development team.
- Mange task list.
- Promote positive team morale.
- Provide quality check of all deliverables.
- Track status of development process.
- Provide mid-level audit of the implementation process.
- Lead and mentor teams
- Assist team members with appropriate techniques required to fulfill project assignments.
- Lead teams in assignments as directed.
- Groom engineers to attain the next level.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations with all direct reports.
- Be responsible for all RPI transactions, time reporting, expenses, approval of vacations for the team members.
- Execute Value Assessments, facilitate completion of business process analysis
- Manage staffing activities, including hiring and firing, in accordance with IBS policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering, MIS or equivalent, preferably with a computer science concentration.
- Project Management Certificate from an accredited body preferred.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software solutions and life cycle within the supply chain industry.
- Minimum of 3 years exposure to 3GL and 4GL programming languages, relational databases, web tools, client server graphical user interface (GUI), MSSQL, and Windows Environments. Ability to play leadership role in implementing or managing supply chain systems
- Minimum of 5 years knowledge of automated warehouse, distribution, labor, transportation systems, Enterprise applications etc.
- Significant knowledge (breadth/depth) of IBS applications preferred but not essential.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in demonstrating maturity in “people” skills with a strong ability to communicate in written and verbal form including skill to patiently and fluently express ideas, concepts, and reasoning.
- Ability to conduct formal and informal presentations in both small and large-group settings.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in demonstrating management skills with proficiency in planning and organizing complex work including teamwork and task leadership.
- Minimum of 5 years in demonstrating success in establishing and managing effective work processes.
- Minimum of 5 years in demonstrating ability to balance event-driven and plan-driven priorities.
- Able to work effectively both alone and in team/cooperative development efforts.
- Ability to identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Ability to influence
- Ability to establish and grow strong relationships with customer’s project team and sponsors.
- Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability and continuously strive to achieve results.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and strategic excellence and encourage others to think longer term. Developing strategic advantage and seek opportunities for future development.
Work Environments / Physical Demands
- General office environment.
- Typical PC usage, such as typing and mouse manipulation, averages between six to eight hours per day.
Ability to travel up to 70% of the time, annually.
- When installing and traveling to client site most work is done in a warehouse.
At this time, general mobility with capability to climb and maneuver in restrictive areas may be necessary.
Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds.
- Work is performed according to standard procedures.
- Achieve target utilization hours per week for yourself as determined by IBS management.
- Achieve margin target set for your teams by the Company
- Meets or exceeds team leadership & mentoring expectations as measured by the annual performance evaluation.
- Project delivered on time and on budget.
- Customer is referenceable.
- Customer ROI expectations are met or exceeded.
- Meet or exceed IBS specified profitability targets for the project(s).
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org