Location: USA ( Wisconsin, Milwaukee area - Can be Worked Remotely), UK, BeNeLux, Germany.
The Solutions Architect is capable of conducting both the project management and technical aspects of customer implementations and may be responsible for one or both of these areas, depending on the needs of the customer and project. The Solutions Architect is the primary point of contact and liaison between internal IBS personnel and the customer, and acts as a trusted advisor for the customer on their projects, and drives customer ROI results. Additional responsibilities include developing software functionality that meets customer needs and design specifications on time and without software problems, providing expertise in one or more specific technical area, assisting team members in the technical engineering aspects of customer implementation, and mentoring engineers and managing team of internal consultants. The role requires 50% travel time in the incumbents home country and to other locations and there is also a requirement to provide 24*7 support.
Assess customer business needs
- Develop appropriate solution and provide all project management services for the implementation.
- Determine the customer’s business requirements and produce system documentation showing how these requirements will be met.
- Review the documentation with the customer.
- Customize IBS application software written in the MSSQL, .Net, Visual Basic and/or RPG languages and using the SQL Server relational database to match any changes required by the customer.
- Assume primary design/testing responsibility for one or more functional subsets of system software.
- Quantify goals and develop metrics upon which project success can be measured.
- Assume primary customer contact/support role for one or more functional subsets of system software during project implementation.
- Responsible for task assignment, management, and delegation.
- Lead Conference Room Pilot (CRP).
- Resource Planning & Management.
- Acquire necessary resources to meet schedule.
- Acquire necessary project team skill sets.
- Secure support needed from other IBS departments.
Project Financial Control.
- Build and execute plans that deliver expected ROI.
- Manage to budgeted estimates.
- Manage payment of receivables.
- Ensure invoicing per project requirements.
- Document scope changes and obtain financial approval.
- Provide guidance for customer-owned tasks.
- Provide ongoing project planning, assist in business development.
- Provide long-term guidance for support and upgrades.
Manage Communication & Expectations
- Provide timely status reports
- Coordinate regular internal and external project review meetings.
- Promote IBS Implementation Methodology and Approach
- Guide customer in risk management and mitigation for entire implementation plan.
Act as primary contact for day-to-day management of the implementation.
- Manage task list.
- Promote positive team morale.
- Provide quality check of all deliverables.
- Track status of development process.
- Provide mid-level audit of the implementation process.
Provide Customer Consultation
- Communicate with customers in a direct and honest manner.
- Evaluate recommended solutions based on IBS applications and customer expectations.
- Lead discussions on operational improvements.
- Create test scripts.
- Assess readiness and review findings with customer.
Provide Installation / Support of Solution
- Develop automated tools and standard procedures for application installation.
- Develop utilities, procedures, and documentation based upon customer requirements.
- Maintain application release control.
- May perform application installation and upgrade, including third party integration and hardware configuration.
- Coordinate database sizing for multiple live sites and audit of database capacity to provide satisfactory performance.
- Provide 24-hour/day, 7-days/week assistance to the Customer Support desk, as required.
Lead and mentor software engineers
- Assist software engineers with appropriate techniques required to fulfill project assignments.
- Lead small teams in assignments as directed.
- Groom engineers to attain the next level.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations with all direct reports.
- Administer salary, promotion, and performance decisions timely and in accordance with IBS policies and procedures.
- Manage staffing activities, including hiring and firing, in accordance with IBS policies and procedures.
Provide on-site training.
- Train customer’s warehouse personnel, as needed, on use of GUI screens, radio frequency terminal screens, and reports generated by the application software.
- Provide timely high level estimates of modifications.
- Provide input into annual performance evaluations as requested.
- Assist in staff building through cooperative recruiting efforts.
- Attend prospect meetings, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience in a technology-related field.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in software solutions and life cycle, within the supply chain industry.
- At least 7 years of software development experience with 3GL and 4GL programming languages, relational databases, web tools, client server graphical user interface (GUI), MSSQL, and Windows.
- Significant knowledge (breadth/depth) of IBS applications.
- Excellent problem solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems, issues, or concerns before they occur or become critical.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills in English and with internal and external customers.
- Able to work effectively both alone and in team/cooperative development efforts.
- Able to learn supply chain concepts and progress in technical and general business skills.
- Ability to be on call 24-hours/day, 7-days/week, as needed.
- Ability to present complex information to individuals and small groups.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings.
- Ability to use project management tools and practices.
- Knowledge of change and risk management.
- Ability to mentor/coach technical and consulting staff.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to conduct formal and informal presentations in both small- and large-group settings.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org