The paper business is confronting over-capacity. Long supply chains – from forest to mill, pulp to paper, converter to finisher, finisher to wholesaler, and wholesaler to printer – complicate pricing, escalate transport costs and squeeze margins.
For your business to succeed, you must:
- Scan the entire supply chain for opportunities to become more efficient.
- Collaborate up and down the chain to reduce costs, speed processes and add value.
- Effectively manage pricing based on characteristics within various product groups and at various customer levels.
- Flexibly manage commissions based on margins and other select criteria.
- Efficiently manage rebates and chargebacks to eliminate waste.
- Understand future customer demands, and share the information with suppliers to ensure capacity, meet lead-times and respond.
That requires automation, effective communication and increased transparency. That requires a solution tailored specifically to your industry.
At IBS, our Paper and Packaging distribution software moves your business forward. It delivers more efficient operations by integrating your warehouse management with financials and customer service. It gives you a window through which you can see the whole supply chain, letting you create real efficiencies.
- Manage revenues and margins by characteristics, considering supplier and customer rebate and bonus schemes for optimal efficiency.
- Reduce stock levels and streamline operations by introducing such concepts as shared logistics, contract-managed inventory, value-added services cross company sourcing, delivery and trunking and indent deliveries.
- Cut expenses through transaction based costing mechanisms and high volume business transaction automation.
- Improve cashflow and credit management placing tighter controls on sales orders and credit limits.
- Develop a competitive warehouse system, finding the best compromise between central warehousing and local distribution, to help you become more innovative with pricing and promotions.
Count on IBS technology for speedy, seamless automation of warehousing, inventory management, demand forecasting and financials, ready to adapt as your business changes. We’ve built our knowledge of the industry into our technology. And our one-on-one approach to service means you’ll get exactly what you need.
IBS paper and packaging clients include PaperlinX, MAP Merchant Group, JC Paper, Jerfferson Smurfit Group, Bantex Spicers and Corporate Express, to name a few.