The scope of the Senior Director Industry Marketing Pharmaceutical position is to provide strategic oversight & management of the Marketing Strategy, Product Positioning, Competitive Intelligence, Marketing Analytics, Market Intelligence and Business Development. This position works closely with executive leadership and serves as the IBS thought leader for pharmaceuticals at industry conferences and events and serves as an industry expert with the analysts and the press.
This person will lead and direct cross-functional teams to plan, develop, execute, and synthesize primary and secondary research, marketing strategy marketing analytics and competitive intelligence to address business information needs. This individual is a member of the marketing leadership team and acts as the liaison between the customer and product development.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Senior Director Industry Marketing, Pharmaceutical provides strategic direction, operational support, planning & insight to the management team and serves as the IBS external “face of pharmaceuticals” in sales cycles, industry conferences, etc. He/she will serve as the IBS thought leader in the industry and internally.
- The Senior Director Industry Marketing, Pharmaceutical will serve as the Pharmaceutical Industry Evangelist/thought leader for all relevant IBS solutions.
- This position is responsible for leading the Competitive Intelligence, Marketing Analytics, Market Intelligence, External Relations, Business Development and Product Positioning for IBS
- The position supports marketing, product marketing and product planning efforts.
- From a Market Intelligence perspective: Leading this area requires an advanced understanding of primary and secondary research tools and methodologies used to inform marketing strategy and assess product opportunities and performance. This area will identify & execute strategic market research and develop insights across the industry to support strategic brand initiatives. This includes leading Strategic Brand Planning activities and other strategic exercises to inform the Strategic Plan processes.
- From a New Product Analysis perspective: Leading this area requires an understanding of forecasting modeling, primary market research, data sources and other secondary research to assess market opportunity and advise senior leadership on pipeline potential. This function acts as a strategic partner to Field Marketing, Product Marketing, Product Development and other departments to ensure early stage market intelligence informs Phase II and Phase III decisions for optimal commercial success.
- From a Competitive Intelligence perspective: Leading this area requires an understanding of secondary data sources and strategic exercises to investigate analyze and anticipate competitor activity as well as win/loss analysis. This function partners closely with Market Intelligence, Field Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Sales, Product Marketing, Sales and Product Development to monitor and evaluate competitor strategies & tactics.
- From a Marketing Analytics perspective: Leading this area requires an advanced understanding marketing strategy to conduct relative market analytics and response modeling to support strategic marketing decisions for all therapeutic areas in the commercial portfolio.
- Provide well-supported input to budgeting decisions.
- Representing IBS as an industry expert/thought leader by developing executive relations, analyst relations and press relations and driving public and analyst awareness of IBS thought leadership and customer evidence.
- Develop, standardize and implement best practices and innovations to improve the business impact for customers.
- Bring innovative approaches and techniques into the organization to enhance customer value.
- A minimum of 10-15 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Business, operations, engineering, finance or related bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred
- Track record of serving as an external speaker at industry conferences and as a thought leader with analysts and press.
- Minimum 10 years experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Marketing Strategy, Primary & Secondary Market Research, syndicated data sources, marketing positioning, business development and PDMA/PhRMA regulations are required.
- Demonstrated business acumen in finance, forecasting, systems & proven ability in translating ideas into concepts, gaining acceptance & delivering results on time.
- Overall knowledge & trends within the pharmaceutical industry, including major competitors.
- Ability to consult, draw out issues, conduct root cause analysis & build customer focused recommendations.
- Ability to prioritize critical tasks & maintain high degree of accuracy amid competing deadlines.
- Proven process improvement skills.
- Exceptional organizational & time/task management skills.
- Proven analytical & problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills & persuasiveness.
- Effective communication & presentation skills.
- Proven Leadership Capabilities:
- Drives Performance: Holds self and others accountable for the achievement of performance expectations. Creates an environment that enables others to perform at their best.
- Thinks Strategically: Quickly identifies and acts on opportunities, combining forethought with action. This is based on an understanding of the external environment and its impact on IBS.
- Develops People and Organization: Demonstrates a genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others.
- Works Collaboratively: Actively creates and promotes cross-boundary collaboration with the aim of achieving better business results. Boundaries can exist between individuals, geographies, cultures, teams, functions, organizations, etc.
- Acts Decisively: Makes and acts on decisions quickly and effectively and fosters the same in others. This is based on an underlying courage to enable risk-taking for the business.
- Self-Starter: Ability to figure out how to get things done in an unstructured environment.
- Ability to travel 70%
- Location: To be defined
For more information on the role or to apply please send your resume and salary expectations to email@example.com.