With physical book sales on the decline, e-book sales rising, and rights, royalties and permissions structures becoming more complex due to emerging new media trends, today’s $120 billion global publishing industry is seeking new solutions for effective distribution management. The “Digital Supply Chain” sits precariously near the top of almost every publishing company’s priority list. New media options, such as smart phones, e-book readers and tablet computers, are driving the demand for digital delivery systems capable of taking orders placed via self-help, web-based B2B and B2C processes.
IBS Media is responding. Leveraging over 20 years experience working with international publishers and book distributors, IBS Bookmaster is perfectly positioned to help seamlessly enable the Digital Supply Chain and still manage the core processes that are the backbone of any publishing business. Embrace the new media revolution. Move your business into the fast lane with IBS.
IBS Bookmaster, the most comprehensive publishing software available on the market today, is a fully integrated ERP system for book publishers who require strong distribution and warehouse management capabilities. Most recently, we have developed future-proof products to deliver the new Rights, Royalties and Permissions Management modules to complement an effective digital supply chain solution.
- We have integrated digital warehousing and subscription web services into our existing new media and publishing solutions.
- Our digital supply chain solutions encompass the process of delivering new media, including books, music or video, by electronic means, from the point of origin (content provider) to destination (consumer).
- Our solutions provide publishers the ability to release one chapter or many chapters or illustrations from a book independently as viable products.
- Publishers can combine segments from different books or journals to create targeted commercial offerings and provide accessibility to backlist and out-of-print titles in the absence of traditional print inventory.
- Our Contracts, Rights & Royalty Management module allows publishers to manage the complexities of partnerships between publishers, intellectual property owners, consumers and upstream supply chain partners.
- All IBS solutions are designed to work with and complement well-established publishing and media distribution processes.
As today’s new media experience progresses into each of the verticals we serve (trade, academic, religious and niche publishing and distribution), our customers need systems that will track profitability through all distribution channels at both the sub-ISBN and super-ISBN levels. In light of the changing media landscape, IBS maintains its leading position as the primary global provider of integrated supply chain management systems to this rapidly changing industry.
IBS publishing clients include Pearson, Gill & MacMillan, McGraw-Hill, AudioGo, Harcourt Education, LexisNexis, BookSource, HarperCollins and Simon & Schuster, among others.