Location: USA ( Wisconsin, Milwaukee area - Can be Worked Remotely), UK, BeNeLux, Germany.
The Technical Consultant at IBS is responsible for developing software functionality that meets customer needs and design specifications, on time and without software problems. The Technical Consultant handles more complex tasks commensurate with their experience with IBS, and is expected to complete design work under direct supervision of a BC, Snr Technical Consultant or Project Manager. The roles requires 50% travel.
The Technical Consultant contributes to a profitable PS organization by providing and delivering first class services and support involving customer facing activities and programming. The TC is comfortable in client facing situations and has the ability to train users and internal team members on technical subjects. The incumbent will also be required to travel 50% of the time.
The responsibilities of a Technical Consultant are described below.
- Write application code that complies with company and project standards.
- Understand the design specification and time line estimates for assignments. Consult with the Business consultant and project manager to resolve any perceived discrepancies.
- Document internal and external changes or modifications to programs.
- Build integration to:
- Order Management, ERP, and other host systems.
- Control systems for Material Handling and Automation
- RFID and other data collection methods
- Parcel Systems, Scales, and other physical communication devices.
- Create customer-specific labels and reports.
- Follow and support test control procedures as developed by the BC, project manager and customer.
- Provide on-site and post go-live implementation and support activities, as directed by the project manager.
- Support to the project manager and BC during the design processes, in conducting system analysis, and with reviewing specifications and time line estimates to determine if further clarification is necessary.
- Lead and mentor software engineers.
- Assist junior consultants with appropriate techniques required to fulfill project assignments.
- Lead small teams in assignments as directed.
- Groom junior staff to attain the next level.
- Perform code reviews
- Provide customer focus.
- Learn the customer’s business to provide functional and operational expertise.
- Understand the business drivers and ROI for the project (justifications) and how your role will assist in fulfilling these.
- Lead discussions on operational improvement areas to further enhance ROI.
- Promote IBS Implementation Methodology and Approach
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for customer and internal team members, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field, or equivalent experience in a technology-related field.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in software solutions and life cycle.
- Significant knowledge (depth/breath) of IBS applications.
- At least 3 years of software development experience with 3GL and 4GL programming languages, relational databases, web tools, client-server graphical user interface (GUI), MSSQL, and Windows technologies.
- Excellent problem solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems, issues, or concerns before they occur or become critical.
- Strong written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills in English with internal and external customers.
- Able to work effectively both alone and in team/cooperative development efforts.
- Able to learn supply chain concepts and progress in technical and general business skills.
- Prior WMS Experience preferred
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org